Frank got his first trumpet lessons from this father at the age of 8. Until the age of 18 Miklos Kallai , the former principal trumpet player of the theater in Frankfurt / Oder was his teacher. Frank joined the music class of the Schillergymnasium in Heidenheim until the age of 17, before he decided to study for a technical career. From 1988 to 1989 he was a member of the army band of the Heeresmusikkorps 10 in Ulm . During his time at university he played principal trumpet at the Universitätsorchester Ulm and at the Kammerorchester Ulmer Studenten (KUS). Since that time he performes regularly with the Giengener Bläserensemble brass quintett. Since 1995 Frank Gruson is the principal trumpet player in the Sinfonieorchester der DaimlerChrysler AG in Stuttgart, where he is also active in its brass quintett.
In addition to this, Frank Gruson has specialised on the field "Organ & Trumpet". Please send requests for weddings, concerts or background of services to requests(at)gruson.de.
Repertoire for Organ & Trumpet:
- Henry PURCELL (1659-1695), Trumpet Tune
- John STANLEY (1713-1786), Trumpet Voluntary
- John CLARKE (ca. 1670-1707), Prince of Denmark's march
- Marc-Antoine CHARPENTIER (1634-1704), Prelude du Te Deum
- Johann S. BACH (1685-1750), Air from Orchestersuite D-Dur
- Georg Friedrich HÄNDEL (1685-1759), Largo aus der Oper Xerxes
- Johann Christoph PEPUSCH (1667-1752), Trompetenkonzert D-Dur
- Henry PURCELL (1659-1695), Sonata D-major
- Giovanni Buonaventura VIVIANI, Sonata Prima (1678)
- Jean-Baptiste LOEILLET (1653-1728), Sonate la b-majeur
- Tomaso ALBINONI (1651-1750), Concerto D-Major
- Benedetto MARCELLO (1686-1739), Sonata
- Georg Philip TELEMANN (1681-1767), Concerto D-Dur
- Wolfgang Amadeus MOZART (1756-1791), Ave Verum
- Franz SCHUBERT (1797-1828), Ave Maria
- Charles GOUNOD (1818-1893), Ave Maria, theme from Bach
- Alan HOVHANNES, Sonata for Trumpet and Organ Opus 200 (1963)
... und many more
Repertoire for Trumpet & Piano:
- Alexander GOEDICKE, Concert Study Opus 49
- Alexander ARUTJUNJAN, Concert for Trumpet
- Scott JOPLIN, Maple Leaf Rag, (1899)
- Andrew Lloyd WEBBER, Memory (Theme from Cats)
... and many more
Repertoire for Synphonic Orchestra:
- J.S. Bach, Weihnachtsoratorium
- G.F. Händel, Feuerwerksmusik
- G.F. Händel, Wassermusik
Synphonies of Mozart, Beethoven, Dvorak, Schostakovic, etc.
all popular Messen of Mozart and Verdi.
Frank Gruson performs
- on a B-trumpet Bach Stradivarius Model 37G , Elkhart, Ind. U.S.A.
- on a C-trumpet MUK512 of Norbert Axmann, Juist, Germany (picture at top)
- on a Piccolo-B/A trumpet of Henri Selmer, Paris (picture at left)
Ezzelino Maggiolini, Dodici Studi Difficili per Tromba SiB, 1925 Study 1
Ezzelino Maggiolini, Dodici Studi Difficili per Tromba SiB, 1929 Study 4
copyright Frank Gruson, May 2001 (last update September 2009)